In Marketing, Data Makes the Difference.
In Marketing, Data Makes the Difference.
IN THE NEWS
The Carlyle Group, in partnership with The Indian Hill Group (IHG), buys Claritas market segmentation business from Nielsen. The IHG will head the newly independent company.
Read the full press release and coverage on Ad Age by Jack Neff.
Learn more about Claritas.
At IHG, we’ve built our careers on driving innovation in the marketing sector. With financial backing from the Carlyle Group, we are seeking acquisitions to bring the industry’s next-generation marketing solutions.
Driving marketing efficiency has become a game of mastering powerful datasets, the optimization technology they power and using high-end analytics. IHG has the experience necessary to align these resources at the scale commanded by a $200B industry. With an open mandate in marketing services, our buy-and-build growth strategy is a proven formula for success in a world where integrations and acquisitions are happening faster than most teams can process.
Learn more about IHG’s past successes and see our investment criteria.
IHG employs a buy-and-build approach with the support of a major global private equity firm’s extensive resources and network. Our interests encompass:
The IHG Team
Chief Executive Officer
With a background that includes the world’s top consumer product maker, leading marketing intelligence agencies and his own technology start-ups, Mike is a proven and sought after general manager, adept in running established and early-stage businesses. Prior to launching the Indian Hill Group (IHG) in 2016, Mike founded and built the highly successful company Nielsen Catalina Solutions (NCS) over the past 7 years.
- CEO and Founder, NCS (2009-2016)
- President, Nielsen Consumer Panel Services & President, Nielsen BuzzMetrics (2005-2009)
- CEO, Intelliseek (2002-2005)
- Founder, PlanetFeedback (1999-2001)
- Executive, Procter & Gamble (1993-1999)
- MBA: Harvard Business School
- Undergraduate: Carnegie Mellon University
Dr. Karthik Iyer
Chief Operating Officer
Karthik brings his unsurpassed cross-functional expertise to IHG, having developed and managed teams across a wide variety of organizational structures. His ability to bring new innovations to market stems from a proven mantra of growing young talent as pieces to a visionary puzzle; a direct result of his experience as a founder and executive in Biz Dev, Product Strategy, Analytics and Technology roles.
- COO and Co-founder, NCS (2009- Present)
- SVP Business Development, Nielsen BuzzMetrics & The Nielsen Company (2007-2009)
- Co-Founder and multiple management roles, Intelliseek (2000-2007)
- Executive positions in R&D and IT, Procter & Gamble (1995-2000)
- Ph. D.: The Ohio State University
- Undergraduate: Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur
Chief Revenue Officer
An inspiring senior executive leader and former naval officer (Commander USNR), Jay carries an extensive track record of success in adtech and entrepreneurial sectors spanning Procter & Gamble, ConAgra, BuzzMetrics, The Nielsen Company, and Nielsen Catalina Solutions. Jay’s core strengths include General Management, P&L Management, Product Innovation, Sales Leadership, and Talent Development.
- Responsible for $250MM in marketing services revenue over a decade of sales management
- Co-Founder and Chief Revenue Officer, Nielsen Catalina Solutions
- EVP Client Services at BuzzMetrics, leading successful acquisition by The Nielsen Company
- SVP of Sales at Intelliseek, leading successful turnaround and merger with BuzzMetrics
- Brand Manager at ConAgra, driving $100MM Banquet® Frozen Food brand and launching a new product line
- 24 years of service as Naval Officer with 8 years active duty and 16 in the naval reserves (Ret. Commander in 2010)
- MBA: George Washington University
- Undergraduate: University of Nebraska, GO BIG RED!
R. Chase Miller
Chief Product Officer
Described as a product guy that sells stuff, Chase is an interdisciplinary executive with a keen ability to connect technology with commercial strategy. Chase brings a unique perspective leveraging an accelerated rotation through leadership positions in Business Development, Product Strategy, Analytics, Technology and Sales Engineering. A results-driven leader, Chase inspires cross-functional teams to deliver quantifiable results through maintaining a culture of accountability and can-do attitude.
- Co-Founder, SVP Product & Strategy, NCS (2009- 2015)
- Director, Analytics – Yahoo! Consumer Direct & SalesEffect, The Nielsen Company (2005-2009)
- MBA: DePaul University
- Undergraduate: Miami University
A History Of Success
The IHG team has distinguished itself in many areas including: traditional brand management, entrepreneurship, tech enabled marketing services, product innovation and value creation.
IHG team members have built and led some of the most strategic brands at P&G including Pampers®, Puffs®, Bounty® and Charmin®. In many cases, these businesses achieved record results.
The team has founded three companies – Nielsen Catalina Solutions, Intelliseek, and PlanetFeedback. They created successful exits in all cases that have yielded over $500MM in enterprise value for their investors.
In addition the team has been on the cutting edge by creating some of the most innovative marketing services and technology in existence including advanced data mining, consumer generated media monitoring and search. Most recently, the team has led major innovation in advertising optimization including: audience selection, inflight optimization and post campaign measurement.
The team brings a combined 90 years of experience (40 years together), P&G legacy, world class academic credentials and have delivered over 5000 contracts to over 500 clients across multiple industries. In addition they have an extensive and deep network across verticals, advertisers, agencies and brands.
The IHG team, the legacy of their successes, and the support of a major global private equity firm promise to give rise to some of the most significant market shifts in the coming years of advertising.
Marketers’ top priority themes are omni-channel integration driven by deeper customer insight.
- 1. Creating campaigns based on deeper understanding of audiences 51%
- 2. Cross-channel digital marketing 50%
- 3. Better integration of online and offline marketing efforts 46%
- 4. Better integration of digital marketing disciplines 44%
- 5. Investing in more sophisticated technology to gain and act on insights about customers 33%
Source: eMarketer, Top 5 Priorities for 2015
Get In Touch
Are You A Fit?
Not sure if you’re a fit for IHG? Entities not meeting the investment criteria may still be viable candidates given the right dataset or technological innovation. Get in touch to see how we can work together.
Chief Revenue Officer